Terms and Conditions
STS Enterprise maintains this website with its texts, videos, photographic images and any other content, electronic products and services (collectively, “Materials”) to provide you with information about our work, and to enable you to interact with us online. This Linking and Use Agreement describes our understanding with you when you visit our website and use our Materials.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OUR LOGO, OUR MATERIALS AND/OR DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FROM OUR WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
STS Enterprise’s website and our Materials have several features. We encourage you to read the entire policy as it sets forth our understanding with you when you visit our website. These terms and conditions have been developed for your protection, as well as ours.
STS Enterprise logo is a related service mark. Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledges STS Enterprise’s exclusive ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or the goodwill associated with the name, logo, our service mark, and our Materials will inure to the benefit of STS Enterprise. The logo and Materials are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of our Materials provided at the site is solely at your own risk.
1. LINKING TO STS ENTERPRISE WEBSITE AND USE OF WEBSITE, MATERIALS, NAME AND LOGO, AND TECHNOLOGY.
STS Enterprise appreciates informational and educational uses of STS Enterprise website, our Materials, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on the uses, including the use of the name and logo and the links bearing the name and/or logo.
a) Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that STS Enterprise endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services or your website.
b) You may use the Materials only for charitable, educational or non-commercial purposes, subject to these Terms and except that:
- Logo. To use STS Enterprise service mark or logo for fundraising e-mail ContactUs@STSEnterprise.org with a detailed description of your planned use; if an individual, your name and address; if an entity, its place of incorporation and type of entity. This use requires express written permission from STS Enterprise.
- Sale of Goods or Services benefiting STS Enterprise. To sell products or services to benefit STS Enterprise, e-mail ContactUs@STSEnterprise.org with a detailed description of your planned use; if an individual, your name and address; if an entity, its place of incorporation and type of entity. Note, the Better Business Bureau and some consumer laws require you to indicate at point of solicitation the precise benefit to charity. If the benefit is a portion of sale proceeds, the amount must be indicated by dollar or percentage of retail sale price, not with language such as “proceeds,” “income,” “net” or “profits” because this does not detail the precise portion of the sale benefiting charity. This use requires express written permission from STS Enterprise.
- Images (including photos and films). Ask ContactUs@STSEnterprise.org you want to use an image from the Materials, describing the image you want to use, the page address where it appears, what you want to use it for and, if an individual, your name and address; if an entity, its place of incorporation and type of entity. This use requires express written permission from STS Enterprise.
- Copy to STS Enterprise. If the Materials are used in a publication or other formal presentation, you must provide STS Enterprise a copy by e-mailing ContactUs@STSEnterprise.org
c) Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to STS Enterprise website as designated within the link.
d) The links bearing STS Enterprise name and logo will always be active links.
e) STS Enterprise name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
f) STS Enterprise name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
g) You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit STS Enterprise name and logo or your link to us.
h) STS Enterprise name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any websites that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, religious material, partisan material, political material or firearms.
i) Appropriate action by STS Enterprise may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within 2 business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, service mark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
2. INAPPROPRIATE USE OF STS ENTERPRISE MATERIALS AND/OR TECHNOLOGY.
It is inappropriate to use STS Enterprise website, our materials, including STS Enterprise name and logo or Materials for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
“Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including U.S. federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
“Obscene activities” are those that violate generally accepted social tandards for use of this type of material or technology.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by STS Enterprise:
a) Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or Materials.
b) Using our website, our Materials to harass, solicit, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to us, another visitor or third party.
c) transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
d) Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which STS Enterprise finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable.
e) Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, obscene, violent, intolerant, defamatory, infringing, abusive, tasteless, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, denigrating, sexually oriented, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
f) Disrupting the flow of any chat areas with inappropriate language, abusiveness, or other conduct that may disrupt normal activities.
g) Pretending to be anyone whom you are not, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation. You may not impersonate STS Enterprise staff, or anyone else.
h) Solicit, transmit, upload or harvest passwords or other private information from others, including, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers or other contact information.
i) Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
j) Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising, solicitations, and promotional materials, at our website.
a) STS Enterprise reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or agreement provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
b) Federal and California state law shall govern this agreement.
Publication date:November 1, 2014